8/30/10

Our Good Time to Equal Daddy's Good Time :)

August 7-15th Rob went to Alaska fishing, soooooo what did I do?  I rented the smallest house, I have ever seen, on Huntington Beach and took my babies for some fun in the sun!  (My friend Stephanie was kind enough to accompany me:)
The house, or closet as we affectionately called it, came with a boogie board and other beach stuff.  Gracie did not want to do anything without that boogie board!  She LOVED it like a child.
We got there the day after a huge surfing contest had finished, so there were a lot of surfers still there and Gracie would paddle out to almost where they were and sit on her boogie board just like them on their surfboards.  It was quite a picture, I wish I would have captured it, a sea of black wet suits and one little orange and pink swimsuit.  It is a really good memory and representational of her fierce determination and independent spirit!
We should have written...We are having WAY more fun than you, DAD!! 
The pier behind us had an extremely cool restaurant at the end of it.  It is called Ruby's Diner and the food is to die for!!  The best part about this trip was the food, coconut and dark chocolate gelato, Trader Joe's, and Ruby's Diner!
The weather was pretty nice, too :)
This is the whole clan at the aforementioned delicious diner!
We had so much fun!  I'm so glad we went and enjoyed ourselves!

3 comments:

Emily W said...

Oh, I am so jealous. I really wish things had worked out so that Ellie and I could have come. The beach looks so nice. I have been wanting to go to the beach all year.

The beach definitely would have been better than packing. :)

Steph said...

We had such a great time - thanks again for taking us along. And you can tell Rob that we don't even hate each other after spending a week together :)

Kellie said...

I am so jealous!!! This looks like so much fun. You are an amazing mother!